Thursday, February 25, 2010

Some Shiny For Brynley

So because I've decorated and redecorated and then decorated some more over at our house and are running out of things to paint, hot glue, etc. I've been feeling a little sad. Don't get me wrong... we've worked really hard on our home and I am really proud of how she has come along but part of me strangely wishes we had one of those gosh ugly rooms that I could rip into and occupy myself with diy projects. So because of this I have decided to feed off of some of my friends who are lucky enough to be re-doing one of their own rooms.

Lately, I've been trying to help my good friend Jenny prepare for her upcoming arrival... Ms. Brynley. As I posted before we finally found a website that would let us design exactly what Jenny was thinking of in reference to fabric. This weekend we are going shopping with my mom to pick out all of the notions and  finishing details for the bedding and curtains that my mom will be sewing. I am soooo excited to see the patterns we worked so hard on come to life. On Saturday Jenny (and I) will be painting the room three shades of pink that Jenny fell in love with. They match the fabric PERFECTLY! When I was talking to Jenny last night she mentioned that she had purchased a door knob for the room. I guessed that it was from Anthropologie and she was totally blown away that I had total telepathic skills when it came to all things related to home design. I haven't seen it yet but I'm guessing it looks a little something like one of these (which are both to die for!) I just love love love Anthropologie!!!




Anyways, so back on subject as to what I was originally going to post about... lighting. Jenny said that  she hadn't found the perfect chandelier yet for Ms. Brynley and so of course that meant that Aunt Elizabeth had to get on the ball to complete this mission. I knew exactly where I would go to look for the perfect light... Overstock.com.

They really have some GREAT prices on their Chandeliers and shipping is always $2.95 no matter what you purchase. Who can top that!!!!? (I'm sure !!!!? is not grammatically correct but you fellow design on a dime lovers understand it I'm sure.) Just check out some of the great deals I found.









 


  

  

And if you were only a little boy Bryn look what I found for your little reading corner. Your daddy would be so proud. Maybe next time Jenn.





Isn't that the cutest thing! Well, I hope that this helped a little Jenny and that you like at least one of these. If not... it at least fed my soul today looking at all these pretty's. Wish I had room in my house for at least 3 of them. In my next house I have promised myself that we WILL have a chandelier in our master bedroom. Casey insists on having a ceiling fan but I've made him a great compromise that he can have one of these next to his bed...


 


There is no reason one can not be fashionable, sexy and practical all at the same time.
Love always,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment